There was a small, determined, and succesful combined effort at the Lancaster Space this week.
Those of you familiar with the MakerSpaces will know that there is a MakerSpace Passport. This is a copy of a traditional passport with the idea that you fill it with stamps from the various hackspaces you visit.
Hackspaces themselves are encouraged to make stamps for the visitors.
We at LAMM took this into hand and made a collective effort amongst some of the members to make a stamp for the Space and for the LAMM people.
- Darren provided us with some laser-ready rubber from which to create the stamps.
- Claire checked online for the details and did the organising of data and information.
- Mark designed the logo in Inkscape.
- Tom designed the handle and performed the Laser and 3D printer duties.
- Ian drank coffee and cola and made jokes when we forgot to reverse the first cut.
The end result is something we are proud of and also means we have now costed the time, effort, process for creating custom stamps, which is another service we can provide or that we can teach to local people.