New Members:Code of Conduct
The authoritative source for the hackspace CoC is https://github.com/lammspace/documentation/blob/master/members-information/code-of-conduct.md
Code of Conduct
Lancaster MakerSpace (hereafter referred to as the 'Space' is an inclusive society where everyone is welcome regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, sexuality or religion. We aim to discuss and learn more about technology in an environment of mutual respect, tolerance and encouragement. We want all participants to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Therefore, all participants are expected to be polite and respectful towards each other.
To clarify what is expected of members, everyone in The 'Space' is obliged to follow this code of conduct. It applies to all of the association's physical meetings, events and the like, as well as all communication channels and other virtual activities.
We strive to provide a fun, educational and friendly atmosphere in all our environs.
- Think about what you say. Remember that sexist, racist and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you. They are not suitable in The 'Space'.
- Be nice to each other. Do not insult or act in a derogatory manner towards any participant. Participants violating these rules may be asked to leave The 'Space' immediately.
- Harassment includes offensive or unwanted comments about (for example) gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity or religion, pornographic pictures in public places (including slides and profile/avatar pictures), deliberate intimidation, stalking, unwanted photographs or recording, sustained disruption of talks, inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Participants who are encouraged to stop their inappropriate behaviour or their harassment are expected to do so immediately.
- If you observe a participant displaying improper behaviour, you should contact The 'Space' Directors immediately. All complaints to The 'Space' will remain confidential, be taken seriously, investigated, dealt with appropriately.
- The 'Space' is aware of its responsibilities in ensuring its continuation as a successful and productive maker space. If an incident were to occur, The 'Space' will give a formal apology to the offended party and future actions will be taken to make sure this does not reoccur.
- Any or all of the following countermeasures are to be expected: the alleged offender may be requested to change their behaviour. If the behaviour continues, the alleged offender is to immediately leave the site and/or be prohibited from participating in future events and the incident may be reported to the appropriate authorities (depending on severity/incident type this may be the first action). We hope that actions against members are the very last resort, considering our interest in keeping things friendly and social for the benefit of everyone involved but we take people’s safety and their rights seriously and will act to protect those.
This Code applies to everyone involved in The 'Space', in any capacity or form.
This Code of Conduct is a derivative of the one used in Crypto Party Stockholm and the Gothenburg Hackerspace.